Hit List: Our Most Read Stories Of 2016
10. The Real Problem With Rolling Stone India’s New Cover Story
The lack of Indian artists in the music magazine’s survey of all-time favourite playlists bothered us more than seeing Farhan Akhtar on the cover.
9. Bar Review: True Tramm Trunk
We felt the Juhu bar was too formulaic but it’s clearly a hit with the city’s pub hoppers.
8. The A To Z Of BKC: A Guide To Eating And Drinking In Bandra Kurla Complex
Our compilation of the best spots for a meal in the office district.
7. Sip City: Mumbai’s Best Bars
Forty-two establishments made it to our list of favourites.
6. New Restaurants And Bars: Koko In Lower Parel, Doolally Taproom In Kemps Corner
The arrivals of the South Mumbai bars were among the most anticipated openings of the year.
5. Where The City’s First Outposts Of Muji, H&M And Ikea Will Be Located
Curiosity was high about where the international brands would open here.
4. Most Wanted: These Are The Best-Selling Indian Independent Music Acts Since 2012
Folk-fusion emerged as the most popular genre.
3. Monthly Specials: Can We Please Stop F**king Around With Indian Food?
Our food columnist’s rant about how the cuisine is being mangled in the name of modernity.
2. Steven Wilson, Anoushka Shankar To Play The Pune Leg Of NH7 Weekender 2016
The line-up reveal of the country’s biggest multi-genre music festival.
1. Restaurant And Bar Openings To Look Forward To In 2016
Our extensive preview of many of the new places we ate and drank at this year.