Bowl Bar, A Vegan Snacks Delivery Service, Will Launch In August
• Bowl Bar, a new vegan food delivery service, is slated to launch in the second week of August. Run by Bandra resident Marissa Bronfman, who intends to launch a cafe of the same name in the suburb by the end of the year, Bowl Bar will offer a limited range of products including almond milk, chia seed puddings and ‘bliss balls’. The latter are sort of almond meal ladoos made using cold-pressed coconut oil that are sweetened with dates and spiced with cinnamon. The bliss balls will be available in coconut and cacao flavours. The chia puddings made using imported chia as opposed to the local sabja seeds will be flavoured with seasonal fruits. The snacks and beverages will be priced between Rs200 and Rs600. See the Facebook page for more details. You can order from Scootsy or email [email protected].
• By the middle of August, Oye Punjabi, the five-year-old North Indian restaurant in Thane run by Vaarun Dhingra, will launch a delivery service that will operate in Bandra, Khar, Santa Cruz and Bandra Kurla Complex. The delivery service will have the same menu as the restaurant, highlights of which include chole kulcha, butter chicken, paneer kurkure tikka and dal makhani. The kitchen, slated to open in Bandra, will operate daily, from 11am to 3.30pm and from 7pm to midnight. To place an order, call 70454 57071.
• Pack-a-Pav, the brand of sandwiches launched by entrepreneur Rohan Mangalorkar, has been a fixture at food festivals, flea markets and gigs since November last year. The home-cooked pav sandwiches are now available for take-away from his Bandra kitchen. The menu lists herbed chicken seekh; mutton shammi; and paneer and cheese tikki sandwiches; and Mum’s Chicken, a spiced gravy preparation garnished with salli and served between a pav. Open daily, from noon to 9pm. To place an order, call 99202 30240.
• Bandra has a new dessert cafe called Loaded that serves crepes, sweet sandwiches, ice cream sandwiches and a small selection of savoury items. You can choose from red velvet crepe; crepe Suzette; Kit Kat brownie sandwich; white chocolate butterscotch sandwich; PBJ waffle; Oreo cookie waffle; BBQ cheese pasta; and mac n cheese. Their beverage list includes Nutella chocolate chip frappe; strawberry cheesecake milkshake; salted caramel vanilla milkshake; and hot chocolate. Open daily, from 11.30am to 9pm. Loaded, Ground Floor, Pankaj Co-operative Housing Society, off Pali Hill, Dr. Ambedkar Road, near Sarvodaya DVD Library, Bandra (West). Tel: 98215 58085.
• In August, The Penny Whistle Tavern, an Irish restaurant and bar will open in Juhu. The Penny Whistle Tavern, 883/1, Juhu Tara Road, near Juhu Residency, Juhu. Tel: 022 2308 2311.