New Bars and Cafes: Luca in Lower Parel, Mahlzeit in Bandra
• Spanish restaurant and bar Luca opened in Lower Parel on Sunday, June 4. The menu offers a mix of Mexican and Caribbean fare such as crunchy Peruvian corn; eel causa (smoked mackerel with avocado wasabi cream); shrimp chupe (prawns and calamari soup); olives frito (olives stuffed with cheese and crumb-fried); picante de pato (braised duck leg); lamb soltado (slow-cooked lamb fillet); tacu tacu con apanado (spicy beef cutlets); chocolate mousse with habanero fruit jam; and figs brûlée. Open daily, from 11am to 1.30am. Luca, Unit No.1, Mathuradas Mills Compound, Tulsi Pipe Road, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 49714450/51.
• Pune’s popular doner kebab spot Mahlzeit (which is named after a German meal time salutation) was launched in Bandra last week. The menu, which focuses on Berlin street food, features signature dishes such as bratwurst hot dog; currywurst; buff doner; chicken doner; supreme chicken burger; meatball salad; bratkartoffeln (German-style butter-fried potato slices); and pommes special (Dutch-style French fries topped with curry, onions and mayonnaise). Paneer doner; paneer burger; veg wurst; and paneer doner salad are among the new items on the Mumbai menu. Open daily, from noon to 3pm and from 6.30pm to 11pm. Mahlzeit, Sefa House, Pali Mala Road, near The Bagel Shop, off Pali Hill, Bandra (West). Tel: 98340 07058.
• Vile Parle-based The Chocolate Heaven, is slated to expand to Borivali on Friday, June 23. The menu of pancakes, waffles, freakshakes, sundaes, milkshakes, pastas and pizzas is the same across the chain. The options include Ferrero Rocher sundae; brownie sizzler sundae; Bounty chocolate shake; Oreo shake; Nutella hot chocolate; blueberry pancake; strawberry pancake; banana split waffle; Belgian chocolate waffle; cheese pasta; chilli cheese toast; paneer tikka pizza; and spinach olive and cheese pizza. Open daily, from 8.30am to midnight. The Chocolate Heaven, Shop No.7, Silver Arch, opposite Soni Tower, Kalpana Chawla Chowk, Borivali.
• Aharveda, a restaurant focused on serving health food inspired by the Vedas, is slated to open in Andheri West on Saturday, June 10. The vegetarian multi-cuisine menu will offer Thai Touch Salad (raw papaya salad); khao suey; stuffed parathas; veg kathi roll; chole tikki; Hawaiian pizza; pesto quinoa pasta; veg sizzler; gajar halwa; kheer; and phirni. Open daily, from noon to 8pm. Aharveda, behind Radha Krishna Hotel, S. V. Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 022 4072 2211.
• Juhu bar True Tramm Trunk, is slated to open in Bandra Kurla Complex this month.