New Bars and Dessert Shops: Social In BKC, Sweetish House Mafia In Andheri
• An outpost of Social, the chain of bars that double up as co-working spaces in the day, opened in Bandra Kurla Complex on Saturday, April 23. This is the fifth branch after ones in Colaba, Khar and two in Lower Parel. Located in The Capital building, which also houses SodaBottleOpenerWala and The Good Wife, this is the first outpost of the chain that has been designed by The Busride studio. It boats a new selection of cocktails including Kurry Konfidential (gin, curry leaves, tamarind, jaggery, apple juice and Triple Sec); Cold War (Jim Beam, Kahlua and espresso); and Laal Salaam (Smirnoff Orange, beetroot juice and cranberry juice), which are exclusive to the branch. The food menu is the same across the chain. Open daily, from 10am to 1am. Social, Ground Floor, The Capital, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East). Tel: 022 6451 9333.
• Sweetish House Mafia, the chain of cookie shops, is slated to open in Andheri West during the first week of May. This will be the third SHM the city after outposts in Lower Parel and Bandra West. The 375 square feet store will serve the chain’s signature treats including the Nutella sea salt; S’mores; dark chocolate truffle; and chocolate chip cookies as well as waffle cookie sundaes and milkshakes such as the Peanutella; Snickerdoodle; and double chocolate chip cookie shake. Open daily, from 11am to midnight. Sweetish House Mafia, Shop No.3, Matruchaya, near Woodside and Oshiwara Police Station, New Link Road, Oshiwara, Andheri (West). Tel: 022 2639 7997.
• Menchie’s, an American chain of frozen yoghurt stores, with outlets in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune opened in Khar on Friday, April 22. The menu, which is the same across the chain, also lists dairy-free sorbets and waffle bowls. You can choose from flavoured yoghurts such as blueberry, passion fruit, cookies n cream, English toffee, red velvet, green apple tart, tiramisu and raspberry tart. Mango and litchi sorbets are also on the menu. Open daily, from 10am to 1am. Menchie’s, Shyam Vihar, near Khar Telephone Exchange, Khar. Tel: 83900 09944.
• Foodarto, a bao sandwich delivery and take-away outlet, opened in Mahim in February. The menu lists The Three Baomigos (bell peppers, paneer and red beans); Captain Barbossa (fried fish with tartare sauce); Thai Me Up Tofu (tofu in Thai sauce); Pull My Pork (pork belly cooked in ponzu sauce with pear and mushroom); apple caramel bao; and pear ganache bao. They will be launching a second outlet with the same menu, in Bandra West sometime in May. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. Foodarto, opposite Mahim Post Office, near Goa Portuguesa, behind City Light Cinema, Gopi Tank Road, Mahim. Tel: 96198 96980 or order from Scootsy.
• The Bagel Shop, the casual-dining cafe and snack shop in Bandra, has closed for renovations and is slated to reopen in the middle of May.