New Bars And Restaurants: Baroke in Grant Road, Woodside Inn in Lower Parel
• Baroke, the bar at Hotel Krishna Palace in Grant Road, reopened after four months with revamped interiors and menus on Friday, November 4. The new multi-cuisine food menu features chilli paneer tacos; lamb kebab burger; smoked chicken, pickled apple and walnut salad; tapenade crusted fish; shepherd’s pie; chilli cheese mac and cheese; and Bloody Mary spaghetti. The highlights of the bar menu include chilli michelada; cucumber and rosemary gin and tonic; guava daiquiri; and spiced vodka sour. Open Friday and Saturday, from 7.30pm to 3am and from Sunday to Thursday, from 7.30pm to 1am. Baroke, Hotel Krishna Palace, Sleater Road, Nana Chowk, Grant Road. Tel: 022 3015 0826.
• The second outpost of The Sassy Teaspoon, the patisserie by the folks behind The Sassy Spoon restaurants, was launched in Nariman Point on Wednesday, November 9. The menu of cakes, cupcakes, tarts, brownies, eclairs, profiteroles, cookies, macarons, teacakes, ice creams and savoury croissants, rolls and buns is the same across the chain. The new outlet also serves vanilla cream and chocolate buttercream cakes and combo deals featuring a savoury item and coffee or dessert and coffee and so on. Open daily, from 10am to midnight. Sassy Teaspoon, Express Towers, next to HDFC Bank, outside The Sassy Spoon, Ramnath Goenka Marg, Nariman Point. Tel: 022 2202 8855.
• A vegetarian multi-cuisine joint called the Garde Manger Cafe opened in Vile Parle in October. They serve som tam salad; Asian noodle salad; multi-grain soya stuffed paratha; cous cous upma; black rice salad; Lebanese sandwich; spinach and tofu sandwich; Greek yogurt and apple crumble; and fresh fruit popsicles. The menu also features cold pressed juices and smoothies such as quinoa and banana smoothie; banana and ginger smoothie; apple, pineapple and wheatgrass juice; and pineapple and lemongrass juice. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. Garde Manger Cafe, Parmar Co-operative Housing Society, Paranjape B Scheme, First Road, near Mahila Sangh School, Vile Parle (East). Tel: 70450 04488.
• The third outpost of Woodside Inn, the chain of pubs in Colaba and Andheri West, is slated to open in Lower Parel on Tuesday, November 15. The new branch will have 25 taps serving craft beer from Gateway Brewing Co., Independence Brewing Company, Doolally, Brewbot, The Barking Deer and The White Owl in Mumbai. In addition to their signature burgers and pizzas, this branch will serve dishes such as grilled octopus with smoked paprika; crispy pork shoulder with BBQ sauce; and prawns a la plancha with sautéed spinach. Open daily, from 7pm to 1am until Sunday, November 20 and from 11.30am to 1am from Monday, November 21. Woodside Inn, Mathuradas Mills Compound, next to The Barking Deer and Saffron, Lower Parel.
• A new outpost of The Bar Stock Exchange, the seventh in the city, opened in Juhu on Friday, November 4. Unlike the other branches of the chain, the Juhu BSE has a school theme with sections modeled after classrooms and an outdoor playground. In keeping with the theme, the menu at this branch offers popular tiffin items such as bread pakodas; butter and jam sandwiches; cheese garlic popcorn; and Momma’s rocky road sundae. Open daily, from noon to 4pm and from 6pm to 1.30am. The Bar Stock Exchange, Juhu Supreme Shopping Centre, Gulmohar Cross Road, Juhu. Tel: 022 2671 7125.
• Mag Street Bread Co., the bakery housed within the Byculla culinary events space Magazine Street Kitchen, will launch a retail outlet at the newly reopened Out of the Blue in Khar on Tuesday, November 15. The menu will have sourdough loaves; baguettes; brioche; croissants; kouign-amann; and multi-grain loaves. They will also launch a bread subscription service from the outlet soon. Open daily, from 9am to 1am. Mag Street Bread Co., Out of the Blue, Le Sutra Hotel, next to Olive Bar & Kitchen, Union Park, Khar. Tel: 022 2600 3000.