New Bars and Restaurants: Burn Kitchen and Malt Room in BKC, Kode in Lower Parel
• Burn Kitchen and Malt Room, a bar that focuses on single malt whiskies, will open in Bandra Kurla Complex on Friday, June 16. The 7,000 square feet bar will offer over 70 types of single malts including Aberfeldy 12, Aberlour 16, Ardmore 12, Caol Ila 12, Cragganmore 12, Dalwhinnie 15 and Monkey Shoulder. The multi-cuisine food menu will feature peppery cheese rolls; baked shrimp dip; malai paneer kebab; curried chicken tenders; pan-tossed calamari; mutton seekh kebab; prawn and fennel ravioli; chipotle chicken pizza; chicken burger; pan-seared Atlantic scallops with Thai curry; red velvet cake; and blueberry cheesecake. Open daily, from 1pm to 1.30am. Burn Kitchen and Malt Room, Building No.19, Pinnacle Corporate Park, next to Trade Centre, Bandra Kurla Complex. Tel: 022 6900 0094.
• The second outpost of Goila Butter Chicken is slated to open in Bandra on Monday, June 19. The Indian food delivery service, which was launched in Andheri in June last year, is helmed by cookbook author and TV chef Saransh Goila. The Bandra outlet will offer new dishes such as Ludhiana chicken; cheese and mushroom naan bombs; and tandoori chicken chaat as well as signature items like anda ghotala; Sindhi mutton; butter chicken; and mango rasgulla. They deliver within Bandra West, Khar and Santa Cruz West against a minimum order of Rs200. Open daily, from noon to 1am. To place an order, call 80808 09102.
• The ninth Mumbai outpost of The Bar Stock Exchange chain of bars was launched in Dadar on Monday, June 12, close on the heels of the Malad branch that opened last month. The cartoon characters-as-felons-themed branch has the same menu as the rest of the chain. Open daily, from 6pm to 1.30am. The Bar Stock Exchange, Hotel Amigo, Veer Savarkar Road, Shivaji Park, Dadar.
• Massive Restaurants, which owns Farzi Cafe, Pa Pa Ya, MasalaBar and Masala Library, will launch Kode, a ‘freestyle kitchen’ on Monday June 19. The globally-inspired menu will feature avocado carpaccio; butter poached lobster bisque; herbed Scotch eggs; kale and pine nut salad; chicken and jalapeño quesadillas; miso black cod; tres leches; and vanilla panna cotta. Open daily, from 7.30pm to 1am. Kode, Gate No.4, in the same building as Grandmama’s Cafe, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 77188 82923.
• Juhu is now home to the eighth outpost of Tea Villa Cafe, the chain of vegetarian tea salons with outlets in Andheri West, Bandra West, Chembur, Grant Road, Kandivali, Thane and Vile Parle. The menu is the same across the chain. Open daily, from 8am to 1am. Tea Villa Cafe, Juhu Church Road, near Prithvi Theatre, next to Amrapali, Juhu. Tel: 80808 50000.
• A branch of Butter Chicken Factory, the North Indian restaurant in Bandra, has opened on Pedder Road. The menu is the same as at the Bandra flagship. Open daily, from noon to 3.30pm and from 6.30pm to midnight. Butter Chicken Factory, Ground Floor, Ketty House, next to the Vama showroom, Pedder Road. Tel: 80004 00062.
• Kemps Corner has got a branch of Starbucks, the city-wide chain of coffee shops. Open daily, from 8am to 1am. Starbucks, First Floor, Kwality House, next to Doolally Taproom, Kemps Corner.