New Bars and Restaurants: Doolally Taproom in Khar, Sequel in Kala Ghoda
• Khar is now home to the fifth Mumbai outpost of the Doolally Taproom chain of bars, which is present in Bandra, Andheri West, Colaba and Kemps Corner. The Khar branch, which opened on Wednesday, August 16, offers ten beers on tap including a mango cider, an English bitter, a Hefeweizen and a Flanders sour ale. The food menu is the same across the chain and features dishes such as buttermilk biscuit sandwiches with smoked chicken sausage or grilled mushroom; smoked cauliflower; Burmese samosa salad; buff steak fajita; and Maharashtrian kala mutton. Open daily, from 7am to 1am. Doolally Taproom, Hotel Unicontinental, next to 3 Wise Monkeys, Third Road, near Khar Railway Station, Khar. Tel: 74004 50027.
• A branch of Sequel, the health-focused cafe in Bandra, is slated to open in Kala Ghoda this week. The menu, which is the same across the chain, features smoothies, salads, pancakes, waffles and cold pressed juices. Open daily, from 8am to 10.30pm. Sequel, behind Rhythm House, Kala Ghoda, Fort.
• North Indian restaurant Basanti is slated to open in Andheri West on Wednesday, August 23. In addition to serving staples such as dal makhani, assorted kebabs and dum biryanis, the restaurant will have an in-house paan counter offering 100 types of paan. Open daily, from noon to 3.30pm and from 7pm to 1am. Basanti, Meera Apartments, opposite ICICI Bank, Juhu Versova Link Road, 7 Bungalows, Andheri (West). Tel: 70456 37722.
• A branch of Agent Jack’s, the nation-wide chain of concept bars which is present in Malad and Navi Mumbai as well as in Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Pune and Bangalore, was launched in Andheri West on Thursday, August 10. Here, the sale of alcohol takes place through a bidding and bargaining ‘game’ played on a mobile phone application that customers must install. The multi-cuisine food menu features chicken and cheese seekh kebab; egg bhurji pao; chicken kheema pao; prawn in chilli and honey sauce; Thai crunchy salad; chicken kheema paratha; and stir-fried chicken with rice. Open daily, from 6.30pm to 1am. Agent Jack’s, De Mall, next to Jughead’s, opposite Pizza Express, Veera Desai Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 70458 94888.
• The second outpost of Malad-based burger joint Jimis Burger is scheduled to open in Andheri West next month. The menu will list signature burgers such as the chorizo pork with cheddar; Epic All Day Breakfast (bacon, pork sausage, double fried egg, chicken salami and cheese); Hybrid (chicken, pork and buff patties with cheese, bacon, egg and chorizo jam); crunchy fried chicken; and Cheese Tease (four-cheese potato patty, jalapenos, corn and caramelised onion). The Andheri branch will offer new items like mutton, fish and buff burgers; mozzarella cheese sticks; and chicken wings. Open daily, from noon to midnight. Jimis Burger, Shop B2, Siddhivinayak Plaza, opposite Citi Mall, Veera Desai Industrial Estate, off New Link Road, Andheri (West).