New Bars and Restaurants: Play, Three Chicks And A Bear in Lower Parel
• Play The Lounge has opened in Kamala Mills Compound in Lower Parel. At the games-themed bar and nightclub, customers can play beer pong, ‘drunken’ roulette, and ‘alco’ hockey. The bar menu lists signature cocktails such as mango and basil margarita; Thai gin with elderflower and cranberry tea; and brandy coffee martini. On the multi-cuisine food menu are dishes such as three-hour cooked fries; tandoori baked Camembert; chicken and cheese quesadilla; Amritsari popcorn shrimp; galouti kebab; Kerala mutton taco; and bhuna gosht burger. Open daily, from noon to 1.30am. Play The Lounge, First Floor, Unit 2, Trade View Building, Oasis Complex, near PDT, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 6002 4777.
• The folks behind patisserie and cafe chain Theobroma will launch a burger and milkshake joint called Three Chicks And A Bear in Lower Parel by mid-August. The highlights of the menu, being developed by Theobroma chef and founder Kainaz Messman, will include the American mac n cheese burger (tenderloin topped with mac n cheese, bacon and jalapeños) and Israeli salted tenderloin burger (home cured tenderloin, sour cream, gherkins and whole grain mustard). The all-day restaurant will also serve craft beers and wine. Three Chicks and A Bear will share space with an outlet of Theobroma, which will be the twelfth outpost of the chain. Open daily, from 11am to midnight. Three Chicks and A Bear and Theobroma, Lodha Supremus, near Mathuradas Mills Compound, Lower Parel.
• Rainforest Resto-Bar, the chain with outposts in Andheri, Kurla and Ghatkopar, has opened in Phoenix Mills. The multi-cuisine menu of the themed restaurant and bar is the same across the chain. The dishes include cheese kebab; tandoori chicken; surmai tawa fry; chilli cheese fondue; pesto prawns; crispy corn in oyster sauce; roast chilli lamb; shrimps in wine and tomato sauce; and pesto spaghetti. Open daily, from noon to 8pm. Rainforest Resto-Bar, High Street Phoenix, next to Sai Service, under PVR Cinema, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 6517 6567.
• Raasta, the all-day bar and cafe in Delhi and Gurgaon, is slated to open in Mumbai by mid-August. The Mumbai flagship will occupy a four-storey building in Khar, where the rastafarian-themed joint will play reggae and host gigs like they do at the National Capital Region outposts.
• Lower Parel restaurant and bar Tilt All Day has shuttered after a three-year run.
• Santa Cruz bar and popular karaoke spot Three Wise Men, which temporarily closed after the BMC demolished a part of the pub last month, is slated to reopen in the second week of August. Open daily, from 5pm to 1.30am. Three Wise Men, Ground Floor, Sujata Rajpipla Building, opposite Santa Cruz Police Station, Santa Cruz. Tel: 022 3996 7657.