New Brewpubs and Ice Cream Stores: Gateway Taproom in BKC, Bono in Kemps Corner
• Gateway Brewing Co., the seven-year-old microbrewery, is slated to launch the Gateway Taproom on Friday, August 11. The 2,000 square feet brewpub will have eight beers on tap, including flagship brews such as the White Zen (German-style wheat beer), Doppelgänger (dark wheat beer), Sidecar (apple cider) and Flip Flop White (an IPA and Belgian wit hybrid). In addition to these, the bar will offer limited edition brews such as the Vienna As It Gets (Vienna-style lager), the coffee-infused Kaapi Stout and Monks Potion (Belgian-style dark ale) that will be available in rotation from the experimental Explorer tap. Viraf Patel, the executive chef at Cafe Zoe, has drafted the food menu that will feature European bar grub. Open daily, from noon to 1.30am. Gateway Taproom, Ground Floor, Jet Airways Godrej Building, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex.
• Cafe Bandra, a multi-cuisine casual-dining restaurant, was launched in the eponymous suburb on Friday, July 21. The 1,100 square feet venture by Star Hospitality, which owns Bhaijaanz, the Mughlai restaurant in Bandra, serves fusion Continental fare. The menu lists such dishes as pulled lamb burger; roasted beetroot and watermelon salad; Sriracha prawns; harissa chicken pizza; artichoke and bell pepper pizza; mushroom risotto; citrus chicken; spaghetti bhuna gosht; tandoori baby potatoes; and Turkish mint falafel. Open daily, from noon to 1am. Cafe Bandra, 85, Luis Belle, on the junction of 16th Road and 30th Road, near Toto’s Garage, Bandra (West). Tel: 93204 00050.
• Mumbai Central is now home to the second outpost of vegetarian casual-dining chain Bogeto Cafe, the flagship of which is in Matunga. Unlike the flagship that only serves Continental fare, the new 1,800 square feet branch offers multi-cuisine fusion nosh. The menu features Asian slaw; watermelon and feta salad; corn and aloo chaat; thepla taquitos; bissi bele arancini; and soya kheema samosas. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. Bogeto Cafe, Jain Lakshmi Mansion, opposite Navjivan Society, Mumbai Central. Tel: 022 6022 3666.
• Bono, the boutique ice cream catering service, will launch its second outpost in Kemps Corner in the third week of August. Bono has been delivering ice cream from its Bandra kitchen, which also operates as a takeaway, since July 2016. At the new store, Bono will sell ice cream by the tub and scoop. The menu will feature signature flavours such as lavender honey; dark chocolate with Italian truffle oil; white chocolate and passion fruit; salted caramel; blue cheese and honey; and milk chocolate and bacon. Open daily, from noon to midnight. Bono Boutique Ice Cream, opposite the Aston Martin showroom, under the Kemps Corner Flyover, Kemps Corner. Tel: 98197 58593.
• Maharaja Bhog, the vegetarian thali joint with outposts in Goregaon, Juhu, Malad and Powai, has opened a branch in Lower Parel. The menu featuring Gujarati and Rajasthani specials such as Rajasthani dal; Gujarati kadhi; bhindi masala; aloo kanda raswalla; paneer paratha; bajra roti; khichdi; moong dal halwa; and kesar shrikhand, is the same across the chain. Open daily, from noon to 3.30pm and from 7pm to 11pm. Maharaja Bhog, 126, Elmac House, opposite Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 2481 1300.
• Juhu has got a new Indian fusion restaurant called +91. On the menu are dishes such as Munnar ka masala asparagus; yakhni paya shorba; Gondhoraj and bacon salad; edamame and ratalu tokri chaat; saffron and suran galouti; achari soya tikka; rechado murg tikka; vindaloo pork belly; flaming raan; rock oyster moilee; Malwani lobster; Mangalorean pineapple curry; Gondhoraj duck; and and prawn Coorg curry. Open daily, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to 1.30am. +91, Ground Floor, Om Satyadeep Apartments, Gulmohar Cross Road, JVPD Scheme, Juhu. Tel: 022 3371 5950.
• The Bandra branch of The Boston Cupcakery has shuttered after an 11-month run.