New Cafes and Restaurants In Mumbai: Blue Tokai in Bandra, Kaama in Lower Parel
• Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters, the Delhi-based chain of cafes, launched their second Mumbai outpost in Bandra on Sunday, July 2. The menu of hot and cold brews is the same as that at the Mahalaxmi flagship. Here too, the limited selection of snacks such as butter croissants, almond croissants, pain au chocolat and dark chocolate energy bars are catered by Magazine Street Kitchen and health-focused catering service Gouri’s. Unlike the cafe in Mahalaxmi, which has a roasting facility, the Bandra branch only retails coffee. Until Saturday, July 15, open daily from 8.30am to 6pm and from Sunday, July 16, open daily, from 8.30am to 10pm. Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters, Shop No.3, Mayfair Apartment, New Kantwadi Road, off Turner Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 98200 95887.
• Kaama, a modern Indian restaurant and bar, is slated to open in Lower Parel on Friday, July 7. The menu will feature mushroom baklava; baked Camembert with chilli and coriander; goat cheese and chilli samosa; chicken kheema and goat cheese poutine; masala foie gras; soft shell crab burger with Bengal spice; Amritsari fish burger; achari prawns with masala khichdi risotto; and lamb shanks with nalli nihari gravy. Open daily, from noon to 1am. Kaama, Unit 2, Second Floor, Trade View Building, Gate No.4, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 3312 6958.
• First-time restaurateurs Harsh and Vidhi Parekh opened multi-cuisine vegetarian cafe Fort 001 in Fort during the last week of June. The menu features such dishes as Mexican sev puri; zatar cheese naan; peri peri fries; paneer makhni; sambhar risotto; red and green Thai curry; Nutella pizza; and chocolate chip cookies. Open daily, from noon to 1.30am. Fort 001, near Starbucks, Janmabhoomi Marg, Fort. Tel: 98701 26666.
• The Nepean Sea Road branch of frozen yoghurt chain Yogurtbay has been replaced by a branch of cookie shop chain Sweetish House Mafia that is slated to open on Thursday, July 6. The menu is the same across the chain, which has outlets in Bandra, Lower Parel and Andheri West and retail kiosks at the Inox cinemas at Metro in Marine Lines, Nariman Point and Ghatkopar. Open daily, from 9am to midnight. Sweetish House Mafia, Ground Floor, Nashrulla Terrace, opposite St. Stephen’s Church, Nepean Sea Road. Tel: 75067 37674.
• A branch of Lower Parel Indian fusion restaurant and bar Farzi Cafe is slated to open inside the Phoenix Mills mall complex sometime this quarter. Farzi Cafe, Courtyard, next to McDonalds, Phoenix Mills Compound, Lower Parel.