New Dessert Spots and Restaurants: Where’s My Cone?, Chef Aloo’s In Bandra
• Where’s My Cone?, a gourmet ice cream catering service that was launched in Andheri in 2015, opened its flagship store in Bandra on Saturday, April 22. The store retails ice cream scoops and tubs in flavours such as cookies and cream; paan; filter coffee; mango; salted caramel; boondi ladoo; malted chocolate brownie; and milk cake almond. The ice cream sandwich selection includes double dark chocolate; salted caramel; chocolate chip; Snickerdoodle; mint; and strawberry. Open daily, from noon to midnight. Where’s My Cone?, Shop No.9, Corner View Building, 33rd Road, opposite The Boston Cupcakery, near Mini Punjab’s, Bandra (West). Tel: 80808 06726.
• Aloysius D’Silva, the chef-founder of the erstwhile Villa Vandre in Bandra, has opened Chef Aloo’s in the same spot as his earlier restaurant. The menu offers pies, sandwiches, burgers, croissants, rolls, Parsi meals, East Indian specials and Continental fare. The selections include corn and herb puff; ham and cheese croissant; Russian chicken cutlet; pulled pork burger; minced chicken roll; tuna and olive salad sandwich; salli chicken with pao; pork sorpotel with pao; mutton dhansak with brown rice; vegetable lasagne; black pepper pork; tenderloin chilli fry; bread and butter pudding; and chocolate mousse. Open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 10pm; Monday closed. Chef Aloo’s, May Flower, Ground Floor, New Kantwadi Road, off Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 90290 26680.
• Art Deco-inspired restaurant and bar Canto is slated to open during the first week of May in the same spot as Karma The Liquid Lounge in Opera House, which shut recently.
• No Vacancy Bar Kitchen, a bar that will served ‘globally-inspired’, fare is slated to open in Khar, during the first week of May. Open daily, from 5pm to 1am. No Vacancy Bar Kitchen, Level 2, Shatranj Napoli, off Carter Road, Union Park, Khar.
• Bandra Kurla Complex is now home to an all-day bar called BKC Dive, which opened on Saturday, April 22. The bar menu lists sangrias and Long Island ice tea variations such as cranberry-infused green tea sangria (red wine, vodka, sage, cardamom, fresh fruit and cranberry-infused tea); cool cucumber sangria (white wine, gin, lemongrass, cucumber, fresh fruit); Hawaiian ice tea (vodka, rum, gin, tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice and pineapple juice); and Miami ice tea (vodka, rum, gin, peach Schnapps, Triple Sec, lime juice and Sprite). The multi-cuisine food menu features such breakfast items as kheema paratha; akuri pao; and masala omelette sandwich and mains like bhuna gosht; Kerala fish curry; shrimp stir fry; mutton kheema khichdi; curried lamb burger; and chicken Stroganoff. Open daily, from 8am to 1am. BKC Dive, Ground Floor, Pinnacle Corporate Park, next to Trade Centre, opposite MTNL, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East). Tel: 022 3312 6064.
• On Friday, April 28, Bandra West is slated to get two new delivery kitchens, Brown Rice Box, which will specialise in health-oriented meals, and Chowk to China, which will cater Chinese and Indian fare. The kitchens, which will operate from the same premises in the suburb, are being set up by Shradha Pamnani and Dhanraj Shinde, who own Bandra pub Kaitlyn’s Beer Garden. Brown Rice Box will serve items such as smoked salmon with brown rice; hummus and tabouleh sandwich; three chicken club sandwich; and red lentil curry with brown rice. Chowk to China will offer dishes like butter chicken; paneer bhurji; tandoori chicken; chicken and celery dim sum; Hunan chicken; black bean prawns; mixed sea food dim sum; and mushrooms in soya chilli sauce. Delivery is free within Bandra and Khar. Open daily, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to 2am. To place an order from Brown Rice Box, call 82912 77478 and from Chowk to China, call 70391 77768.
• The second outpost of D:Oh!, the all-day casual-dining in Lower Parel restaurant by deGustibus Hospitality, is slated to open in Andheri West on Sunday, April 30. The menu is the same across both branches. The list of dishes includes BBQ chicken melt; mutton burger; baida roti; mac and cheese; mutton stew; Amritsari fish and chips; khao suey; caramel custard; and bread and butter pudding. Open daily, from 9am to 1.30am. D:Oh, Unit 2A, Ground Floor, Fun Republic, off New Link Road, Lokhandwala, Andheri (West). Tel: 022 6236 0451.