New Kebab Chain Turkskebap To Open In Worli And Tardeo
• Turkskebap, a new chain of Turkish street-food stalls, helmed by Mikhail Shahani, the executive chef at the Two One Two Bar & Grill in Worli, is slated to open in both Tardeo and Worli on Friday, May 15. The all-day stalls will serve a limited menu of kebabs – or kebaps, as they’re referred to in Turkey – wrapped in pita and garnished with hummus and harissa. You can choose from chicken meshwi kebap, Turkish lamb Adana kebap (made with meat that has been hand-minced as is tradition in the Turkish city of Adana), spicy vegetarian Adana kebap, crisply fried falafels, chelo kebap and a savoury baklava made of mushroom and goat cheese.
• Amaya Indian Grill and Kitchen, a restaurant focused on North West Frontier Province food, has opened in Kurla. The restaurant is run by Bellona Hospitality Services, which also owns 212 All Day and Sichuan House in the suburb. The menu at Amaya, which has been drawn up by chef Paul Kinny, features lamb burrah (24-hour marinated lamb chops), karari machhi (batter fried fish), kalmi kebab (chicken drumsticks marinated in mustard), ghar ke chole, laal maas, nihari gosht, pudina pomfret, rasmalai and meetha paan ice cream. Open daily, from noon to 3pm and from 7pm to midnight. Amaya Indian Grill and Kitchen, Ground Floor, Phoenix Market City Kurla, LBS Marg, Kurla (West). Tel: 022 6050 8084.
• Guilt Trip, Bandra’s popular cupcake shop, has opened in Andheri West, bringing its total number of outposts to three, including the one in Thane. The branches have the same menu of cupcakes with fillings, mini cupcakes, macarons, pastries, cheesecakes, brownies, and fondant cakes. The chain also offers a few savouries like croissants, rolls, quiches and sandwiches. Open daily, from 11.30am to 12.30am. Guilt Trip, Ground Floor, Norwood Building, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West). Tel: 022 3395 6098.
• Bandra’s little-known Asian joint the Virgin Bar has had a makeover and is now called Tian Ai. On the menu are Chinese and Thai staples, Tibetan momos, mocktails and snacks such as fries, sliders and onion rings. Open from Monday to Saturday, from noon to 11pm; Sunday, closed. Tian Ai, Ground Floor, Siffin Apartments, Pali Hill, Bandra (West). Tel: 77150 23933.
• Bandra has a sprawling new multi-cuisine restaurant and bar called the La Ruche Bar and Grill. The all-day menu at the 5,500 square feet venue includes Cajun chicken shawarma, risotto gamberi, caramelised apple salad, kimchi tacos, chicken schnitzel sizzler with Cognac, lobster Thermidor and soy braised pork belly with sweet potato fries. Open daily, from 12.30pm to 1.30am. La Ruche, Third Floor, Link Corner Mall, junction of 33rd Road and 24th Road, near KFC, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 3395 6099.