New Pizzerias: 1441 in Fort, Francesco’s in Bandra
• After launching in Andheri last month, 1441 Pizzeria, which specialises in wood-fired pies, is slated to open in Fort on Wednesday, May 4. Like at the flagship, patrons at this 40-seat outpost will be able to customise their pies by choosing sauces and toppings. You can pick from pesto sauce, BBQ sauce, BBQ mutton, spicy chicken and chicken pepperoni. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. 1441 Pizzeria, Ground Floor, Hari Chambers, near Lion’s Gate, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg, Fort. Tel: 022 6502 1441.
• An outlet of Francesco’s Pizzeria, its third in the city after those in Kemps Corner and Lower Parel, is slated to open in Bandra in May. The branch will offer both dine-in and delivery. Francesco’s Pizzeria, near China Blue and Villa Vandre, Kantwadi Road, off Turner Road and Perry Cross Road, Bandra (West).
• Tuning Fork, a recording studio, performance venue and cafe, has opened in Khar. The menu features butter chicken roll; Spanish garlic prawns; chicken Stroganoff; mac and cheese; brownie batter waffles; banana cream pie; carrot cake; and all-day breakfast dishes such as scrambled eggs and spinach tacos; buttermilk pancakes with carrot orange marmalade; Portuguese baked eggs; and chicken tikka puff. Open daily, from noon to midnight. Tuning Fork, First Floor, Hotel Unicontinental, Third Road, near Khar Railway Station, Khar. Tel: 98333 58492.
• Bandra has a new specialty beverage shop called Cool Story that retails cold brewed teas, frocktails (frozen mocktails) and frattes (frozen lattes) in addition to gelatos. On offer are green apple green tea; passion fruit tea; French vanilla gelato; strawberry cheesecake fratte; coffee caramel fratte; chilli mango and passion fruit frocktail; frozen lemonade; pink guava and lemonade with masala; and kala khatta masala lemonade. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. Cool Story, Villa Queenie, near Bombay Salad Co. and Mini Punjab, 16th Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 2604 4905.
• The Bandra Kurla Complex outpost of California Pizza Kitchen has shuttered after a five-year run. The Lower Parel and Malad branches of the chain are operational.