New Restaurants and Cafes: Nara in Bandra Kurla Complex, The Burgery In Bandra
• Ka Hospitality, which owns Hakkasan and Yauatcha, the Chinese restaurants in Bandra West and Bandra Kurla Complex respectively, is slated to launch Nara, a Thai restaurant in BKC on Monday, September 11. This will be the first Indian outpost of Nara, a chain from Bangkok with branches in Sri Lanka and Singapore. The menu will feature crispy fried chicken with Thai herbs; grilled pork with a spicy dipping sauce; spicy chicken salad; butterfly pea rice; crispy shrimp cakes; stir-fried crab with yellow curry; pomelo salad; fried morning glory; and coconut ice cream with Thai condiments. Open daily, from noon to 4pm and from 6.30pm to 1am. Nara, Ground Floor, Raheja Towers, opposite SIDBI, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East). Tel: 022 6137 8080.
• The third outpost of Sassy Teaspoon, the patisserie chain by the folks behind The Sassy Spoon restaurant, opened in Goregaon on Wednesday, September 6. The menu, which is the same across the chain, includes red velvet cake pop; Nutella cake pop; caramel eclair; Nutella soft centre cookie; hazelnut mousse cake; and Black Forest cake. Open daily, from 11.30am to 10.45pm. Sassy Teaspoon, Food Court, Third Floor, Oberoi Mall, off Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East). Tel: 76662 22000.
• A North Indian and Chinese food delivery spot called The Kraft Kitchen opened in Bandra on Sunday, September 3. Launched by the folks behind Sheetal Samudra in Juhu, The Kraft Kitchen serves galouti kebab; tandoori lamb chop; sarson da saag; mushroom matar masala; shammi kebab; kurkuri bhindi masala; fish tikka masala; roast chicken chilli in plum sauce; fish finger in tartar sauce; lamb chop chilli; sesame prawns toast; shredded chilli chicken; prawn fried rice; and chicken chop suey. They deliver within Bandra for free and up to Juhu and Shivaji Park against a minimum order of Rs249. Open daily, from noon to 3pm and from 7pm to 1am. Orders can be placed on Zomato, Swiggy and Scootsy.
• Lower Parel is home to a South Indian restaurant and bar called South High. The menu features dalia upma; cheese corn medu vada; ragi dosa; pao bhaji dosa; ragi uttapam; Kanchipuram idli; Coorgy idli; muttai paniyaram (masala eggs with dosa batter); chicken mulgai idli; Mangalorean meen fry; Kerala fish tawa fry; edi bhurji (crab meat bhurji); Calicut pulao; prawn thokku; chicken ghee roast; chicken kadhi patta; and squid podi. Open daily, from noon to midnight. South High, Ground Floor, Trade Tower, B Wing, Kamala Mills Compound, near The Bombay Canteen, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 3312 6069.
• The Burgery was launched in Bandra on Wednesday, September 6 by Nishant Joshi, the co-founder of Zoobar in Vile Parle. The menu offers minced lamb burger; stuffed chicken and cheese burger; beetroot and carrot burger; and fish and chips burger. They also serve beverages by Cool Story including fruit cocktails such as Summer In a Glass (lemonade, mango, peach and basil); Chilli Passion (lemonade, chilli, mango and passionfruit) and milkshakes such as butterscotch crunch; classic chocolate; and strawberry. Open daily, from 11am to 12.30am. The Burgery, near State Bank of India, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 70214 31752.
• London Taxi, a London-inspired gastropub, is slated to open inside Kamala Mills Compound on Saturday, September 9. Open daily, from 6pm to 1am. London Taxi, opposite Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 2495 1000.
• Between Breads, the sandwich shop in Bandra, has reopened with a new look, menu and management. The food selection includes The Popeye (spinach, parmesan and potato burger); Chick Flick (chicken burger with egg and avocado); The Vietnam (pork belly and chicken sandwich); Bae Con Bonanza (bacon, coleslaw and BBQ sauce sandwich); The Breakfast Club (savoury waffle with cottage cheese); The Pinetry (waffle with cream cheese, jalapenos and nuts); brownie milkshake; and s’mores milkshake. Open daily, from noon to 11pm. Between Breads, Kalpitam Apartments, 16th Road, near Bombay Salad Co., Pali Village, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 2604 5577.
• The ninth outpost of Tea Villa Cafe, the chain of tea salons, opened in Churchgate on Sunday, September 3. The beverage menu and vegetarian food selection is the same across the chain. Open daily, from 8am to 1am. Tea Villa Cafe, Moti Mahal, J. T. Road, near K. C. College, Churchgate. Tel: 80808 50000.