New Restaurants and Cafes: Slink & Bardot in Worli, La Folie Lab in Lower Parel
• Slink & Bardot, a modern French restaurant and lounge, replaced Cafe Nemo (which closed in April last year) in Worli on Tuesday, May 16. The restaurant is helmed by restaurateur Nick Harrison from Canada and chef Alexis Gielbaum from France, the duo which previously headed the restaurant and kitchen respectively at Le Bistro Du Parc, the French casual-dining establishment in Delhi. The menu offers such dishes as 36-hour Belgian pork belly; whisky-flamed scallops; steamed rose snapper; steak tartare; tomato and mozzarella tart; mushroom shiitake flan; chicken liver parfait; and stuffed baby aubergines. Open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 6pm to 1am; Monday, closed. Slink & Bardot, 329/A, Thadani House, opposite the Indian Coast Guard, Worli Village, Worli. Tel: 022 2430 1127.
• The second outpost of La Folie Lab, the cafe and patisserie in Bandra, is slated to open in Lower Parel on Thursday, May 25. This branch will serve a new menu featuring items like chipotle Benedict (brioche, poached egg, chipotle Hollandaise, smoked chicken ham and apple salad); prawn roll; orange hummus bowl (orange hummus, quinoa falafel, fresh turmeric dressing and gluten-free chips); lamb pappardelle; Jardin (jasmine tea and grapefruit compote, Greek yoghurt mousse, orange cake and fresh citrus fruits); and Tout chocolat (chocolate mousse, roasted cocoa nibs, crispy praline and flourless chocolate cake). Open daily, from 8am to midnight. La Folie Lab, Unit No.10, Ground Floor, Trade World B, next to ICICI Bank, Gate No. 2, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 96999 93350.
• Indie Villa, a restaurant that focuses on Punjabi fare, opened in Andheri West on Friday, May 12. The menu features dishes such as mushroom kheema naan turnover; Lahori paneer tikka; chicken shammi kebab; galouti kebab; chicken tikka masala; mutton bhuna; mutton biryani; rajma and rice; palak paneer; and dal makhani. Open daily, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to midnight. Indie Villa, Mayfair Building, Oberoi Complex, near Laxmi Industrial Estate, Lokhandwala, Andheri (West). Tel: 98195 01004.
• Bandra got a new travel-themed cafe The Bhookha Beirdo, which offers Continental, South-East Asian and Indian nosh, last week. Among the options are fish and chips; buff steak with mozzarella; stuffed zucchini; sautéed shrimps and calamari; kasundi-glazed cottage cheese; pork chilli fried rice; and mutton shepherd’s pie. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. The Bhookha Beirdo, 27/1, Pali Mala Road, near The Bagel Shop, off Pali Hill, Bandra (West). Tel: 99693 66296.
• A branch of Mojo’s Bistro, the multi-cuisine bar in Vashi, opened in Lower Parel on Sunday, May 14. The signature cocktails at the rooftop bar include Ginger Tea (rum, vodka, gin, Tequila, Triple Sec, peach juice, green apple juice and ginger ale); Meloni mojito (rum, watermelon chunks, watermelon syrup and basil); and Guava Lovers (rum, guava juice, Tabasco and red chilli powder). This outpost offers a new food menu that features paneer tikka masala bao; butter chicken bao; gucchi ki galouti (mushroom kebab); tandoori chicken quesadilla; white miso chicken tikka; mushroom risotto; baked basa; Cajun prawns; and lobster Thermidor. Open daily, from noon to 1.30am. Mojo’s Bistro, Level Two, Kamala Trade House, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 99750 00005.