New Restaurants and Delivery Joints: Bomberry In Tardeo, The Thal Co. In Bandra
• Quick service vegetarian cafe Bomberry opened in Tardeo on Friday, August 25. The cafe’s USP is that it sources all its produce from farms in Mahabaleshwar. The menu features raspberry juice; mulberry juice; custard apple shake; strawberry shake; kiwi and strawberry smoothie; mix melon smoothie; corn fritters; corn frankie; schezwan corn frankie; paneer kulcha; tandoori paneer; pesto panini; cheddar corn; masala butter corn; strawberry and cream; mulberry cream; and chocoberry Nutella cream. Open daily, from 11.30am to 1am. Bomberry, Ground Floor, Shop No.5, Hormuz Mansion, opposite Bhatia Hospital, Tardeo. Tel: 87796 77584.
• The Thal Co., a restaurant serving Bohri fare, is slated to open in Bandra on Saturday, September 9. Run by AB Hospitality, which owned the now-shuttered bar Club IX, The Thal Co. will offer individually portioned thaals as well as sharing thaals suitable for families. Each thaal will feature seven to ten dishes such as mutton seekh kebab; mutton pattice; baida roti; dal chawal palida; seekh biryani; dal gosht; nalli nihari; chicken angara; and kesar pista sancha ice cream. Guests can also choose from an a la carte menu. Open daily, from 12.30pm to 3.30pm and from 7.30pm to 11.30pm. The Thal Co., Pooja Apartments, opposite Yoko Sizzlers, Hill Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 89569 88888.
• Hira Mulchandani, the former marketing professional behind meat-focused Khar delivery joint Death by BBQ, will launch the Vegan Burger Kitchen in Bandra on Sunday, September 3. Menu highlights include the BBQ pulled jackfruit burger; cauliflower and red lentil burger; Asian-style sweet potato and peanut burger; smoked black bean, mushroom and beet burger; Bounty pudding; and vegan chocolate brownie. Open daily, from noon to 11pm. To place an order, call 88792 96027.
• Powai is now home to Summer Garden, an all-day pet friendly cafe that was launched on Wednesday, August 23. The menu features Mexican salad bowl with chicken and black rice; gooey egg sandwich; smoked avocado sandwich; pork belly with black rice tabouleh; curried sweet potato, mushroom and red rice; BBQ mutton burger; bangda burger; and panko-crusted fish and chips. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. Summer Garden, Hakone, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. Tel: 022 6525 3535.
• Hawaiian Shack, the multi-level Bandra nightclub and bar, which was launched in 2003, has closed.