New Restaurants and Fast Food Joints: The Fatty Bao in Powai, Pack-a-Pav in Juhu
• The third outpost of South-East Asian restaurant chain The Fatty Bao will open in Powai on Monday, April 24. The menu will feature such new dishes as spicy crab bao; Chinese roast pork puffs; Sichuan spicy wonton with pork mince; tempura fried soft shell crab sushi; Fatty oysters with raw ponzu, soya gel and Sriracha caviar; scallops with XO sauce; Korean fried chicken; and gochujang lamb chops. Open daily, from noon to 3.30pm and from 6.30pm to 1am. The Fatty Bao, Ground Floor, Sentinel, Hiranandani Business Park, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. Tel: 022 6661 4313.
• The second outlet of Pack-a-Pav, the quick service snack joint in Bandra that specialises in homestyle pao sandwiches, is slated to open in Juhu on Friday, April 21. The Juhu branch will offer new sandwiches such as pulled lamb pao; soya kheema pao; and tandoori Sriracha mushroom pao. Open daily, from 6pm to 11pm. Pack-a-Pav, House No.G29, A. B. Nair Road, opposite Novotel, near Juhu Church, Juhu. Tel: 99202 30240.
• Rodeo Drive, an American gastropub from Dubai where it launched in 2012, will open at the Peninsular Redpine hotel in Andheri East on Friday, April 21. The gastropub is owned Competent Hospitality, which also runs the bar The Stables on the same property. The menu at Rodeo Drive features dishes like grilled cheese sandwich; chilli pork hot dog; Cajun chicken burger; lamb mince, grilled chicken and chicken sausage pizza; grilled salmon; BBQ glazed pork ribs; chocolate fondant and seasonal cheesecake. Open daily, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to 1am. Rodeo Drive, Peninsula Redpine Hotel, Airport Road, near the Airport Road Metro Station, Bori Colony, Marol, Andheri (East). Tel: 022 4091 2345.
• Zu’s Doner Kebaps, a Turkish fast food chain from Bangalore, opened its first Mumbai outpost in Andheri West on Thursday, April 20. They serve assorted chicken doner kebabs garnished with cheese or in house sauces; a veg doner with a mixed veg patty; and kapsalon, a Dutch item made up of shawarma meat, fries and Gouda cheese. Open daily, from 12.30pm to 1am. Zu’s Doner Kebaps, Shop No.17, Sunshine Building, First Cross Lane, Lokhandwala, Andheri (West). Tel: 022 2631 1431.
• Three months after the Bandra outpost of Royal China closed down after the BMC demolished a section of the restaurant for allegedly encroaching an open space, they’ve reopened for home delivery within the suburb. The minimum order is Rs1,000. Open daily, from noon to 3.45pm and from 7pm to 11.45pm. To place an order, call 022 2642 5533.