New Restaurants: Boteco in Bandra Kurla Complex, Arth in Bandra
• Boteco, the Brazilian restaurant chain from Pune, is slated to open in Bandra Kurla Complex on Wednesday, June 21. The restaurant is helmed by Praveesh Govindan, a former mechanical engineer, who relocated from the US to Pune and chef Guto Souza from Brazil, who previously worked at Fusion and Go With The Flow in Goa. On the menu are dishes such as pao de queijo com linguica (Brazilian cheese bread stuffed with pork sausages); frango da Amazonia (roasted boneless chicken marinated with lemon, chilli and yoghurt); file a palito (strips of steak tossed in olive oil, garlic, parsley and chilli); crispy sardine fillets; camarao copacabana (grilled prawns pastry); pato assado de Boteco (roasted duck); churrasco de frango (barbecued chicken); paella Brasileira (seafood paella); coffee panna cotta; quindim (baked Brazilian custard) and churros. The BBQ section offers a choice of tenderloin steak; pork steak; chicken breast; pork sausage and lamb. Open daily, from noon to 1am. Boteco, Ground Floor, Parinee Crescenzo, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East). Tel: 022 2653 0085.
• Coney Island, a brand that specialises in pizza cones (pizza fillings stuffed into bread shaped like an ice cream cone), opened its first takeaway and delivery store in Breach Candy last week. Founded by Mumbai-residing Bharat Advani, Coney Island has been a regular at food exhibitions and markets such as The Lil Flea and the Dessert Garden. Among the options are tangy Sriracha paneer in a cone; spicy chicken tikka cone; barbecue chicken sausage and mushroom cone; and chilli cheese cone. Open daily, from noon to 11.30pm. Coney Island, Meherabad, Warden Road, opposite Muchhad Paanwala, Breach Candy. Tel: 90761 50911.
• Bandra is home to The Conical Twist, a quick service restaurant that serves pizza in a cone. The menu lists cones in flavours such as mac and cheese; Margherita; pesto paneer and mushroom; chicken sausage; chipotle chicken; spicy paneer; and chicken salami. Open daily, from 11am to 12.30am. The Conical Twist, Link Corner Mall, near KFC, 33rd Road, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 81696 28434.
• Aalia Hospitality, which owns Bastian and One Street Over in Bandra and A Bar Called Life in Juhu, will launch Arth, a fine-dining Indian restaurant and bar in Bandra on Wednesday, June 21. The split-level restaurant designed by interior decorator Gauri Khan has replaced Mexican restaurant Sancho’s. Arth has a gas-free approach to cooking that is they employ traditional slow cooking techniques and a charcoal hearth. Amninder Sandhu, the chef who heads A Bar Called Life, will helm the kitchen, which will offer rhododendron seekh; Bhavnagri shrimp skewers; Naga garlic and butter calamari; morel mushrooms stuffed with walnuts; bhekti with kaji lemon from Assam; soft shell crab with ginger, red chilli and curry leaves; black sesame chicken with purple yam idiyappam; pressure-cooked mutton with Assamese joha rice; raan served naan; avial; seafood tawa pulao; angoori rabdi; and kaali gajar ka halwa. The restaurant will also serve veg and non-veg thaals suitable for four diners. Open daily, from noon to 3pm and from 7pm to midnight. Arth, 604, Pinnacle House, P. D. Hinduja Marg, off 15th Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 95940 60038.
• An outpost of Genuine Broaster Chicken, the US-based restaurant chain that opened in Andheri in August last year, has opened in Bandra. The menu of fried chicken dishes and fusion items is the same across the chain. Open daily, from noon to midnight. Genuine Broaster Chicken, Shop No.3, Ankleshwar ONGC Society, near Lilavati Hospital, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 3395 6082.