New Restaurants: Desi Culture in Lower Parel, Pizza Express in Bandra
• Corum Hospitality, which owns The Bar Stock Exchange chain of bars and Mr. Baozi the South-East Asian gastropub in Juhu, has launched an Indian fusion restaurant and bar called Desi Culture that has replaced the flagship outpost of Mr. Baozi in Lower Parel. The menu features items such as Hajmola dahi bhalla with jaljeera sorbet; jalapeño cheese ragda pattice; chicken tikka sev puri; basil and garlic paneer tikka; lemon chicken; dabba gosht; nalli nihari; kheema mutter; gosht biryani; motichur tart with elaichi foam; and coconut and white chocolate mousse with pineapple sorbet. The highlights of the bar menu include fusion cocktails such as shikanji mojito (rum, strawberries, shikanji masala); desi martini (gin, red chillies, cranberry juice); and imlitini (vodka and tamarind juice). Open daily, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to 1am. Desi Culture, C Wing, Trade World, next to The Bar Stock Exchange, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 022 2495 5766.
• Makers of Milkshakes, the chain of milkshake shops from Hyderabad, opened in Bandra West on Sunday, March 19. Their list of signature shakes includes chocolate strawberry; Oreo Go Nuts (Oreo cookies, peanut butter, ice cream and chocolate sauce); and Fruit-a-List (banana and strawberries with ice cream and strawberry sauce). They also offer shakes made using biscuits and chocolates such as Galaxy, Hide & Seek, Bounty, Milky Bar and Perk. Open daily, from 11am to 1am. Makers of Milkshakes, Shop No.5, Jan Mohammed Cottage, near Burrito Factory and HSBC, Pali Naka, Bandra (West). Tel: 98194 70933.
• The fourth outpost of Francesco’s Pizzeria, which has branches in Lower Parel, Kemps Corner and Bandra, opened in Colaba two weeks ago. The menu lists salads, sandwiches, pizzas and pasta dishes such as spinach and mushroom salad; pear and arugula salad; chicken and five cheese focaccia; tartufo pizza (zucchini, thyme, garlic and mushroom); prosciutto and arugula pizza; chicken Genovese pizza; BBQ chicken pizza; jalapeño mac n cheese; minced chicken lasagna and dessert such as red velvet waffle and marble cake with Nutella. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. Francesco’s Pizzeria, Ground Floor, Arsiwalla Mansion, near Charagh Din, Wodehouse Road, Colaba. Tel: 022 6237 5824.
• An outpost of Pizza Express, the chain with branches in Thane, Powai, Andheri West, Colaba and Bandra Kurla Complex, is slated to open in Bandra West next month. Pizza Express, Ground Floor, HSBC Building, Pali Naka, off Turner Road, Bandra (West).
• Trilogy, the nightclub at Hotel Sea Princess in Juhu, which was opened in 2010 by restaurateurs and brothers Ryan and Keenan Tham, has closed for renovations and will re-open later this year.