New Restaurants: Hemant Oberoi in BKC, Henpecked in Kala Ghoda
• Celebrity chef Hemant Oberoi launched his first stand-alone restaurant Hemant Oberoi in Bandra Kurla Complex on Friday, April 28. Oberoi was the former executive chef of the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, where he helmed restaurants such as Souk, Golden Dragon and Zodiac Grill. At the 3,500 square feet Hemant Oberoi, he serves European, Peruvian and Asian-inspired dishes. The lunch menu includes Brie and truffle souffle; whitefish and amarillo (chilli) carpaccio; pan roasted scallops with bacon risotto and salted caramel; lamb loin with charred baby carrot and goat cheese; chocolate mille-feuille and corn creme brûlée. The dinner menu lists duck liver torchon with caramelised figs and kumquat chutney; braised endive and cream cheese with golden garlic artichoke and tea and fig jam; miso black cod with pickled pepper; pork belly with black rice carbonara and apple gel; and chocolate shawarma. Open daily, from noon to 3pm and from 7.30pm to 12.30am. Hemant Oberoi, Unit 5, Ground Floor, Godrej BKC, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East). Tel: 022 2653 4757.
• A salad-focused joint called Craving Salad opened in Bandra on Friday, April 28. Among the choices are watermelon and feta salad; Caprese avocado salad; BBQ chicken salad; tuna and apple salad; arugula and chicken salad; quinoa fruit salad; and Asian-style cobb salad. Craving Salad also serves smoothies such as acai berry boost; orange and ginger glow; and island green smoothie. Open daily, from 11.30am to 10.30pm. Craving Salad, Ground Floor, Solace building, next to Sequel, 33rd Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 93238 73628.
• Henpecked, a farm-to-table concept restaurant, replaced Farmer & Sons in Kala Ghoda on Friday, April 28. The menu features butternut squash and Gorgonzola salad; French toast; truffle scented scrambled eggs; berry compote and Nutella waffle; spinach figs and avocado salad; Nicoise salad; bacon with chicken and clams; braised lamb with smoked aubergine; beef carpaccio; ham and cheese sandwich; ham and pineapple pizza; coconut prawns; braised pork belly; seafood stew; mocha fudge cake; and apple pie. Open daily, from 10am to 1.30am. Henpecked, Apollo Street, opposite Laxmi Vilas Bank, Mumbai Samachar Marg, Kala Ghoda, Fort. Tel: 022 6555 0303.
• Delhi bar Lord of the Drinks opened a Mumbai outpost in Andheri on Saturday, April 29. Their signature cocktail selection includes Mumbai Tea (vodka, Kahlua, cinnamon tea and apple juice); Smokey Chocolate martini (whisky, vodka, Kahlua, chocolate syrup and fresh cream); and turmeric martini (citrus vodka, turmeric syrup, Triple Sec, Drambuie, and lavender syrup). The multi-cuisine fusion food menu offers paneer bhurji; parmesan and black pepper tart; chicken tikka bruschetta; butter chicken; dal makhani; green Thai curry; mutton baida roti Bolognese; tandoori chicken pizza; falafel pita pocket; malpua lasagne with French toast; and paan ice cream martini. Open daily, from 6pm to 1am. Lord of the Drinks, Ground Floor, Aver House, New Link Road, opposite Citi Mall, near The Little Door, Andheri (West). Tel: 82919 45191.
• Andheri is now home to a bar called Off The Grid, which opened last week. The list of signature cocktails has such concoctions as the South In (vodka, aniseed and curry leaves); No Secrets (gin, creme de cassis, apple and ginger); and Rollitini (rose, lychee and vodka). The multi-cuisine food menu features dishes like cereal crusted fish burger; chicken calzone; beer and bacon risotto; calamari fritters; satay chicken; achari paneer; tandoori mushroom; pork chop with bacon and mushroom risotto and apple cognac sauce; chicken Chettinad; key lime pie; and shahi tukda. Open daily, from 5pm to 1am. Off The Grid, G5, Mourya Landmark, off Link Road, near Brewbot, Oshiwara, Andheri (West). Tel: 99679 28881.