New Restaurants: Veranda in Bandra, Sizzle House in Dadar
• Bandra has got a new restaurant and bar called Veranda, housed within the Executive Enclave hotel. The multi-cuisine venue, which opened on Monday, August 15, serves dishes such as crab and raw mango salad; prawns Koliwada; crispy pork belly in vindaloo; kasundi fried fish; Goan fish curry; chicken Chettinad; Alleppey prawn curry; gulkhand chocolate bar; and tiramisu. Open daily, from noon to 1.30am. Veranda, Basement, Hotel Executive Enclave, Ambedkar Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 76669 69000.
• Three Chicks and a Bear, the burger and milkshake joint by the folks behind Theobroma, opened in Lower Parel on Saturday, August 13. The menu lists appetisers such as mac and cheese; chicken wings; and crispy squid. Their burger selection includes bacon, cheese, egg and tenderloin; Canadian pulled BBQ chicken; Thai pork belly; French blue cheese with tenderloin; beetroot burger; and chaat burger. They also serve shakes in flavours like red velvet; lemon crumble; and blueberry cheesecake. Three Chicks and A Bear shares space with an outlet of Theobroma, which offers the same menu of sweets and savouries as the other branches of the chain. Open daily, from 11am to midnight. Three Chicks and A Bear and Theobroma, Lodha Supremus, near Mathuradas Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 82912 72040.
• On Saturday, August 20, Khar will get a branch of Raasta, the all-day cafe, bar and gig venue with outposts in Delhi and Gurgaon. This four-storeyed Raasta will have seafood on the menu, the rest of which is the same as that of the other outposts. The menu features chicken shawarma; Jamaican country ribs; pork chops Cubano with garlic citrus sauce; Caribbean shrimps; herb crumbed fish fingers; rum chicken; Sambuca Cajun basa; Malabar prawn roast; fried bombil; prawn caldeen; fish mappas; sticky toffee pudding; and lemon tart. Open daily, from noon to 1.30am. Raasta, Rohan Plaza, same building as Social, Ram Krishna Nagar, 5th Road, Khar. Tel: 99201 88144.
• Cafe Trofima, an all-day restaurant, opened in Dadar in July. Their multi-cuisine menu offers cheddar and jalapeño waffles; French toast; eggs Florentine; chicken kheema ghotala (with egg) and pao; cheddar anda bhurji and pao; rosemary chicken tikka; cheddar lamb kebabs; chicken Thai curry sandwich; lamb mince chilli dog; mushroom bao; mac and cheese; and fish and chips. Open daily, from 8am to 1am. Cafe Trofima, Road No.2, Raja Bhade Chowk, L. J. Road, Shivaji Park, Dadar (West). Tel: 82910 19988.
• The folks behind the bars Quarter House in Mahim and Open House in Dadar West, where they also run catering services Home Chef and The Cake Studio, are slated to launch Sizzle House in September. The menu of the restaurant, also located in Dadar, will focus on sizzlers, one pot meals and other comfort food.
• Greenz, a health-focused food delivery service, which was launched in Powai in December 2015, expanded operations to Worli earlier this month. The menu comprises Continental and South-East Asian brown rice meals, salad boxes, multi-grain sandwiches and soya and wheat wraps. The dishes includes smoked chicken wrap; wheat pasta in pesto sauce; minced chicken sandwich; Asian bean sprout salad; prawn cocktail salad; grilled fish in Thai curry; grilled chicken in teriyaki sauce; and prawns in garlic sauce. The delivery charge is Rs20. Open daily, from 10am to 12.30am. To place an order, call 96195 25068 for delivery between Worli and Mahim and 99301 81914 for delivery between Powai and Ghatkopar. Order from Scootsy.
• Tatami, the Japanese restaurant in Bandra, has shuttered.