New Restaurants: Vibe Liquiteria in Bandra, Indigo Deli in Powai
• On Monday, September 5, Bandra got a new wi-fi enabled health food cafe called Vibe Liquiteria that serves juices and smoothies made without refined sugar and a limited selection of seasonal food. The drinks selection includes Ashwem Sunset (a smoothie of mixed berries, pomegranate juice, avocado, mango and hemp seeds) and We Be Jamun (jamun, dragon fruit, plum and pomegranate juice). The food menu features Wild Vibe (black bamboo rice, vegetables, shrimp paste); Republic of Zoodles (zucchini noodles, peanuts, Naga chilli and lime); and Kale Caesar Wale (kale, vegan cream, cherry tomatoes and chicken or spicy soya). They will start serving breakfast and offering home delivery within Bandra in October. Open daily, from 11.30am to 9.30pm. Vibe Liquiteria, Rafi Mansion, near the Tarun Tahiliani store and Tawa restaurant, 28th Road, off Turner Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 99301 13758.
• The eighth outpost of Indigo Deli is slated to open in Powai on Wednesday, September 14. The comfort food menu, which spans soups, salads, pizzas, sandwiches, burgers, sundaes and all-day breakfast dishes, is the same across the casual-dining chain. Open daily, from 9am to 12.30am. Indigo Deli, First Floor, Sentinel Building, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai. Tel: 022 4945 5500.
• Behrouz Biryani, the country-wide online biryani delivery service, was launched in Mumbai in August. Their signature biryanis, which they sell by the plate and kilo, include dum gosht biryani; lazeez bhuna murgh biryani; and zaikedaar paneer biryani. In addition to biryanis, they offer kebabs including murgh angaare; and desserts such as falafel-e-khaas; sevai; and brownie mousse. Open daily, from 11am to 11pm. To order, visit Behrouzbiryani.com.
• Spanish candy brand Papabubble will open in place of La Folie in the Palladium mall in October. The boutique will deal in artisanal treats such as lollipops and candy mixes in flavours such as passion fruit, licorice, lime, pineapple, mint and butterscotch. Papabubble, Third Floor, Palladium, Lower Parel.
• The Lower Parel outpost of patisserie chain La Folie has shut.