New Stores: India Circus, Berleigh, Zara in Fort, Outhouse in Bandra
• India Circus, the online home furnishings store by designer Krsnaa Mehta, now has a physical avatar. Launched on Thursday, April 6, the 1,300 square feet shop sells cushions, crockery, furniture, wallpaper and other knick-knacks in Mehta’s trademark mix of bright colours and bold patterns. Open daily, from 10.30am to 8pm. India Circus, First Floor, 72, Ali Building, Dresswalla House, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, opposite Lion Gate, Fort. Tel: 987042 7069.
• British shoe brand studio Heel and Buckle will launch Berleigh, a high-end footwear and accessories store, in Fort on Friday, April 21. On offer will be shoes by labels such as Spain’s Andres Sendra and Magnanni and the US’s Badgley Mischka for women and the UK’s Duke & Dexter for men. The range of accessories includes clutches, belts and socks. Open daily, from 11am to 8.30pm. Berleigh, Ground Floor, Readymoney Mansion, near Flora Fountain, Veer Nariman Road, Fort. Tel: 90047 66541.
• Jade by Monica and Karishma, the designer clothing boutique by Monica Shah and Karishma Swali, opened at a new spot on Pedder Road on Wednesday, April 19. Shah and Swali, who design couture for brides and bridesmaids and a line of Indo-Western pret, previously operated from a smaller shop near Jaslok Hospital. Their just-opened 3,500 square feet store was launched with a new bridal collection called Aurum. Open Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 8pm; Sunday, closed. Jade, Ground Floor, Mewar Apartments, near HSBC, Pedder Road. Tel: 98331 15000.
• The first Mumbai outpost of Outhouse, the costume jewellery brand by Delhi-based sisters Kaabia and Sasha Grewal, will open in Bandra on Thursday, April 20. Here, the five-year-old company with stores in Delhi and Bangalore, will sell baubles such as earrings, neckpieces, bracelets, rings and headpieces. Open daily, from 10am to 7pm. Outhouse, Waterfield Road, Shop No.6, Hemkund Co-operative Society, near Moti Mahal restaurant, Bandra (West). Tel: 022 2655 1417.
• A 50,000 square feet outpost of Spanish high street clothing chain Zara, which has stores in Lower Parel, Kurla, Goregaon East and Malad West, is slated to open on Thursday, May 4 near Flora Fountain. Zara, Ismail Building, Veer Nariman Road, near Flora Fountain, Fort.